Teaching Collaboration Grants
Apply for a Teaching Collaboration Grant for summer/fall 2019 by April 23, 2019
The CTE will award three grants of $1,000 each to three faculty teams (teams must consist of two or more faculty):
- A team of faculty teaching in the core curriculum
- A team of faculty from a department
Teams must submit a proposal to be considered for the grants in spring and will work in either summer/fall.
Proposals open each spring and must clearly indicate whether they are applying for the department or curriculum collaboration grant as well as explain:
- The contributions of each team member
- The classes that will be impacted by the grant
- And how the teaching collaboration will
- improve student learning and/or
- stimulate pedagogical growth and/or
- implement innovative course design
At the end of the project, and with a December deadline, teams will write a 850-1,000 word report explaining the process and products of the collaboration. Grants will be awarded upon submission of the team’s report.
- Are all faculty members eligible to apply?
Yes. All faculty members are eligible to apply if they will be teaching the redesigned courses in the coming academic year.
- How members make a team?
Teams must consist of two or more faculty members.
- What does our team need to produce?
Copies of syllabi, assignments or any other curricular changes produced by your team, and an 850-1,000 word explanation of your collaborative work.
- When will we get our money?
After the brief report about your team’s work has been submitted to CTE.
- What if I still have questions?
Please contact Katie Hoffman, the CTE Program Assistant.
2018-2019 Grant Awards
Greig Mulberry & Amanda Parris (Core Curriculum Grant)
Nicola McClung, Desiree Zerquera, Ursula Aldana, Susan Roberta Katz, Emily Nusbaum (Core Curriculum Grant)
Mark Taylor & Natacha Ruck (Departmental Curriculum Grant)
2017-2018 Grant Awards
Megan Nicely & Michelle LaVigne (Core Curriculum Grant)
Elizabeth Katz & Alessandra Cassar (Core Curriculum Grant)
Niki Gibbons, Ling Busche, Omar Campos (Department Curriculum Award)