Service-Learning Faculty Seminar: Join the Fall 2015 Cohort
The Leo T. McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good invites USF faculty from all disciplines to participate in the fall cohort of the Service-Learning Faculty Seminar.
- Attend six seminar sessions designed to enhance understanding of service-learning theory and practice, guide development or revision of a service-learning course syllabus, promote equitable sustainable partnerships with community organizations, and integrate best practices in reflection facilitation and assessment.
- Content is taught in weekly two-hour sessions through readings, discussions, and interactive activities.
- Panel discussions with service-learning students and community partners further enrich learning opportunities.
- McCarthy Center staff provides individual consultations to customize our support services and resources for each course that is created.
- Participants receive up to $1,000 stipend upon completion of the seminar AND submission of a new or revised service-learning or community-engaged learning syllabus.
- Location: Hilltop Campus, TBD
- Dates: The seminar will convene on Thursdays, 3:00-5:00pm beginning October 22 and culminating on December 3, 2015.
- Eligible Participants: All full-time and part-time faculty are welcome to participate. Adjunct faculty members should consult with their department chair before applying to determine whether they are eligible to develop and teach a service-learning course.
Contact Star Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply by September 30.
Download the full description with details here: