The Faculty Lounge
Our mission at the Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of San Francisco is to celebrate, support and help develop excellent teaching across the university, at all stages of a faculty member's career. The CTE recognizes USF faculty as its best and richest resource.
We are guided by three hubs as we develop our activities and programs.
- Building a sense of community among teaching faculty
- Presenting opportunities for faculty to enhance and enrich their teaching practice
- Using technology to enhance student learning
When developing new activities, or resources, we always keep in mind the following principles.
- We foster conversation among faculty across disciplines, across schools, and at all stages of their careers.
- Participation is voluntary.
- Participation is confidential. We do not report faculty participation in CTE programs to any administrators. We will provide documentation to any faculty member who requests it.
- The Center does not evaluate teaching for the purposes of tenure and promotion.
- The Center evolves to meet real faculty needs.
The CTE is run by a small group of faculty and staff. Critical to our success is the Steering Committee that provides feedback and helps initiate new programming.
CTE Faculty & Staff
We are composed of two Co-Directors, one Associate Director, and a Program Assistant.
- Mathew Mitchell
Education, Learning & Instruction. Co-Director CTE
- Rhonda Magee
Law. Co-Director, CTE 2012-14
- Tracy Seeley (sabbatical)
Arts & Sciences, English. Co-Director, CTE
- Susan Prion
Nursing. Associate Director, CTE 2013-2015
- Heather Doshay
CTE Steering Committee
The CTE Steering Committee comprises representatives from each school, the Library, adjunct faculty, and the Center for Instructional Technology (CIT). Members currently serve two-year terms and are nominated by their respective Deans. Additionally, winners of the University Distinguished Teaching Award are invited to join the committee for one year following their award.
- Araujo, Arturo
Arts & Sciences, Art + Architecture, 2013-2015
- Capitelli, Sarah
Education, Teacher Education, 2013-2015
- Conroy-McCue, Debra
Nursing, adjunct, 2012-2014
- DeBourgh, Greg
- Gilgan, Amy
- Hamrick, Jeff
- Jung, EJ
Arts & Sciences, Computer Sciences, 2012-2014
- Rafael, Mark
Arts & Sciences, Performing Arts, adjunct, 2013-2015
- Travis, Michelle