Welcome to the CTE Lounge
Our mission at the Center for Teaching Excellence at the University of San Francisco is to celebrate, support and help develop excellent teaching across the university, at all stages of a faculty member’s career.
We are guided by three hubs as we develop our activities and programs.
- Building a sense of community among teaching faculty
- Presenting opportunities for faculty to enhance and enrich their teaching practice
- Using technology to enhance student learning
When developing new activities, or resources, we always keep in mind the following principles.
- We foster conversation among faculty across disciplines, across schools, and at all stages of their careers.
- Participation is voluntary.
- Participation is confidential. We do not report faculty participation in CTE programs to any administrators. We will provide documentation to any faculty member who requests it.
- The Center does not evaluate teaching for the purposes of tenure and promotion.
- The Center evolves to meet real faculty needs.
Currently our website is going through a major redesign. It should be ready-to-go around August 20. That doesn’t mean it will be useless until then. All our pages under the Activities menu are the same as last semester: lots of good information there.
We are designing a simpler, sleeker, website but it will take a month to get it in decent shape. Our apologies in advance for any inconveniences this may cause.